Reporting to the Western Operations Manager, the Operations Manager will support and direct the operations and maintenance management teams, ensuring that budgets are met, with a focus on accountability, reliability, efficiency and waste reduction.
- Ensure effective and efficient overall management of the Taber factory through direct oversight of and responsibility for Safety, Process, Maintenance, Warehouse & Packaging, Powerhouse, and the Waste Water Treatment Plant activities;
- Work collaboratively with other departments of the Company including Agriculture, Engineering, Sales, Human Resources, Finance and Purchasing;
- Ensure relevant workplace committees and forums are established, maintained and properly managed in accordance with regulatory requirements and in support of Company commitments and undertakings;
- Participate in regular Labour-Management meetings and union negotiations;
- Oversee the preparation of an annual budget for the facility, as well as monitoring performance on a monthly basis. The incumbent pursues low cost status and maintains strict oversight of operating cost parameters;
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and operating practices at all stages of operations endeavours to preserve product integrity and safeguard the Company’s brands and reputation;
- Place great importance on communications initiatives that are supportive of Company goals and objectives and that ensure effective two-way communication.
- Ten (10) to twelve (12) years of experience in a similar position;
Preference will be given to a candidate with a Bachelor Degree in Science and Food Technology, Engineering, Operational Management or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement programs will be highly regarded;
- Experience in a unionized environment considered an asset
- Demonstrates leadership in living and promoting Lantic’s Mission and Values
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of accountability
- High level of integrity and ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to act as a coach and mentor
- Good communicator
- Autonomy, empathy
- Good critical sense
- Good stress management
- Ability to multi-task
- Good political sense
- Change agent