Skip to main content
- 500ml (2 cups) of flour
- 125ml (1/2 cup) of softnened butter
- 250ml (1 cup) of Lantic old fashioned brown sugar or Rogers best brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) of baking powder
- 125ml (1/2 cup) of milk
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3-4 ripped bananas, mashed
- 250ml (1 cup) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking powder, the salt and the chocolates chips and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and the brown sugar. Add the eggs, the vanilla, the milk and beat until smooth. Then, add the bananas.
- Gradually add the dry mixture and stir until blended.
- Spread in a greased 23 x 13cm (9 x 5 inch) loaf pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 60 minutes, or until the cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before unmolding.