- 2 tbsp (30ml) fresh lime juice
- 6 cups (1.5L/780g) fresh or frozen pitted black cherries, halved
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 pack (900g) Lantic & Rogers Jam & Jelly Mix
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise with a sharp paring knife and scrape out the tiny seeds. Combine halved cherries, vanilla bean seeds with the scraped pod, and Jam & Jelly Mix in a large 4-litre saucepan and mix thoroughly. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil gradually while stirring occasionally. Once the mixture is bubbling, stir in lime juice. Increase heat slightly and continue to boil the mixture for 6 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from over the heat and let the boiling subside. Skim the foam from the surface of the jam and stir gently for 2 minutes to help suspend the cherry pieces. Spoon or poor into sterilized jars, filling them up to 1 cm from the top. Seal the jars and let cool at room temperature. Makes about 3 jars of 250ml (1 cup).
- If using frozen cherries, remove them from the freezer for 5 minutes before making the recipe so that they are easier to chop, and if the cherries are large, cut them into quarters.