- 1 cup softened salted butter
- 1 cup Lantic Nature's RAW Sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Lantic Icing Sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and line a 9-inch cake pan with a round of parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, gradually beat in evaporated milk, a little at a time, until mixture is very light and fluffy and sugar is well incorporated.
- Whisk eggs with vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon in a separate bowl until well combined. Beat egg mixture into butter mixture. Sift flour with baking powder in a separate bowl. On low speed, gradually beat flour mixture into butter and egg mixture until very creamy.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake is golden brown and a tester comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a rack. Transfer to a serving plate and dust with icing sugar.
- Tip: for a flavourful garnish, serve with "Spiked Cherry Sauce" and a dollop of whipped cream. Combine 2 cups drained, pitted sour cherries with 1/4 cup Plantation Raw Sugar, 1/3 cup orange juice, 2 Tbsp dark rum or 1 tsp rum extract and 1 Tbsp cornstarch in a saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until thickened and glossy.
- Tip: this versatile cake is a great make ahead option. Stored in an airtight container, it stays moist for up to 3 days at room temperature.