PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION POLICY
When you provide personal information by visiting the Site and/or by accessing and using the Company Site or microsites used in connection with a contests or promotional offers, you hereby agree to all terms and conditions of this Policy and that you consent to your personal information being collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Policy. You are responsible for ensuring that your access to the Site and materials available on or through the Site complies with the laws of each jurisdiction in which you access or through which you access the Site or the materials.
In this policy, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” used in the Policy refer, collectively, to the Company and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, successors and assigns and of their respective employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Company Affiliates”).
In the course of its activities, the company may ask you to provide us with personal information. We only collect personal information that is necessary to provide you with our various services.
- When you fill out a contact form or newsletter to enter a competition, participate in a promotion or survey, whether online or by communicating with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise, or by submitting or by posting text, images, video or audio content or information, content or other materials through the Company's web pages on social media websites such as Facebook or Twitter, you may provide us with personal information such as your name, your date of birth, your e-mail address and home address, your telephone number(s), information relating to regular correspondence exchanged by post or e-mail, and, in certain cases , your comments, your suggestions, your ideas, your opinion and your personal preferences. We may also keep a record of your interests and obtain information about you from other current or future companies in the Company's group.
- When you provide us with your contact information and resume for employment purposes, we will collect your name, e-mail address and any other information you provide, including your employment history.
- Each time you visit the Site, the following information is automatically obtained and compiled: your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the domain name registry information associated with that IP address; identification of your Internet browser, operating system and hardware platform you are using; the date and time of your visit; the name and address (URL) of the web page you viewed prior to accessing the Site; your entire query (if any) that was entered into a search engine that led you to the site; and any other information about your navigation path. We store this information in our log files. The following information may also be communicated to us from time to time, if your browser is not configured to prevent disclosure: your name, your e-mail address, your home and work addresses, your telephone and fax numbers and any plain text commentary.
- In addition, the complete record of your actions at the Site, including all pages visited, time spent on each page, information sent or received, and the names of all files uploaded or downloaded is collected. This tracking information may be compiled by us in the aggregate and made available to third parties primarily to identify demographic data regarding our customers.
We may also use the personal information we collect to communicate with you, including through personalized marketing messages and transactional e-mails, regarding the products and services offered by the Company, to initiate, process and complete transactions with customers, to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements, and otherwise with your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
In the light of the importance of protecting children's privacy, we do not intend the Site for child audiences, and we do not collect, process or use on the Site any information relating to an individual whom we know to be under 14 years of age without having first obtained the verifiable consent of his or her parent or other legal representative. The parent or guardian who learns that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information, such a parent or guardian has the right, upon making a request to this effect, to consult the information provided by the child and/or to request that it be deleted from our records. In such a case, the child's parent or guardian is invited to contact us by clicking on “Contacting Us” section below for such purpose.
In order to better serve you, we may combine information you provide to us online, by telephone or in writing about your interests. We may also combine these with readily available demographic information in order to enable us to communicate with you, by telephone (including by way of automated dialing answering device), by e-mail, by mail or otherwise, about our products, services, surveys, promotions, special offers and contests. We also collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- Maintain contact with you and provide you with personalized service on an ongoing basis and to help us better understand and respond to your needs and preferences, develop customer profiles based on your needs and preferences and to communicate special offers and promotions from the Company regarding our products and services;
- Communicate directly to you special offers and promotions from the Company on behalf of itself and/or third parties with whom the Company has entered into agreements, particularly regarding advertising and promotion, or other arrangements;
- Enable you to participate in our promotions and contests as well as those promotions and contests of third parties with whom the Company has entered into agreements, particularly regarding advertising and promotion;
- Develop, improve, market and provide our products and services and manage our business;
- Compile information related to earned rewards or loyalty programs that we may establish from time to time and to which you may be entitled to in respect of your purchase;
- Help us meet applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
We also use the information we collect from the Site to measure visitor interest in the various areas of the Site, to ensure that links on the Site facilitate easy navigation, and to help make the Site more interesting and informative. Except as described in the Policy, any personal information we disclose to third parties is communicated in an aggregate manner, on a non-personally identifiable basis and is primarily used to establish the demographic data regarding our customers.
You acknowledge and agree that the Company also has the right to incorporate, use and reproduce in whole or in part any text, images, video or audio content or information, content or other materials that you provided by e-mail through the Site or distributed by you through the Company's social networking websites and web pages such as Facebook or Twitter, in connection with the marketing or promotion of the Company's business. However, you always have the right to revoke such consent in this regard in the manner provided below in the section “How do I exercise my choices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information?”
If you submit your contact information and resume for employment purposes with our company, this information will only be used to evaluate your qualifications for the desired position and, if needed, to contact you.
We will not disclose your personal information to any non-affiliated third parties without obtaining your prior consent, except in the following cases:
- We may disclose your personal information to any Company Affiliates, so that it may communicate with you (whether by e-mail or post, by telephone or otherwise) and provide you with promotional materials and communications and additional information about its products, services, promotions and special offers that may be of interest to you, or collect and use that information subject to and for other purposes contemplated by the Policy.
- In the event of a sale of all or substantially all of our business or a similar transaction (such as the sale of a division or business unit), we may transfer or disclose your personal information to a firm or potential buyer, who may then collect, use and communicate it for the purpose of evaluating and/or executing a proposed transaction or operating and managing the affairs of the acquired Company or other purposes identified in the Policy.
- We may transfer your personal information to non-affiliated third parties for processing on our behalf (such as fulfillment services, technical support, delivery services and financial institutions) in order for them to process it on our behalf in accordance with agreements prohibiting these third parties from using or communicating personal information other than for the purposes of their processing and imposing security mechanisms adapted to the sensitivity of the information. We only provide these third parties with the personal information necessary for their specific service.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information where required by law, in the course of legal or regulatory proceedings and in response to requests from government law enforcement authorities exercising a legitimate right to obtain this information or from our legal advisors, or, as necessary, to protect the property, interests and rights of the Company and its group companies.
We will store personal information on our internal servers or with service providers. Personal information collected about you may be stored and/or processed outside of the jurisdiction in which you reside. Our service providers may also store and process personal information outside of the jurisdiction in which you reside. Please note that the laws applicable in these jurisdictions differ from Canadian privacy laws and may not provide the same level of privacy protection as in your jurisdiction.
Where information is stored or processed outside of your jurisdiction, it may be subject to and accessible by the laws of legal authorities in those other jurisdictions. We ensure that our service providers comply with all applicable privacy laws and implement contractual clauses imposing obligations on them. For more information about the processing of our data abroad, please contact our Privacy Officer (see “Contacting Us” section below).
Even after subscribing to one or more newsletters and/or accepting one or more offers to receive marketing and/or promotional communications from us, you may choose to change your preferences by following the “Unsubscribe” link provided at the end of the e-mail or communication received.
Cookies are small data files that a website transfers to your computer's hard drive or in random access memory when you are viewing the website. They keep a record of your preferences, so that your subsequent visits to the Site run more efficiently. In some cases, recorded information is only retained during the session and is deleted when you close your browser. In other cases, the information is stored on your hard drive and, upon your next visit to the Site, the cookies are used to recall such information. Cookies may store a variety of information, including a unique user identification number that may be used to track pages visited on the Site, the number of times you visit a particular page or other items on the Site, your login or registration information and your preferences, where available.
Cookies, in themselves, cannot be used to reveal or establish the identity of the user; by accepting our cookies, you remain anonymous while using the site.
Aggregated tracking information obtained using cookies may be shared with third parties for the purpose of documenting Site activities, visitor numbers, and to analyze content and other trends. Statistical information is not linked to any personal information and cannot allow the identification of any individual user of the site.
“Web beacons,” also called “pixel tags,” are small segments of code placed on a Web page or in an e-mail message for the purpose of transferring data.
Click on the name of the desired browser to find out more about its cookie management:
“Phishing” is a fraudulent technique aimed at stealing your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that appears to be from us asking you to provide your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your personal information by e-mail.
We would like your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the purpose and in the manner indicated herein, in order to contact you and provide you with promotional communications. However, we want you to know that you have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent, as follows:
You have the choice not to provide us with personal information at all; however, this may limit our ability to serve you as you may not be able, for example, to participate in our contests. In addition, you may choose to limit the way in which we can use your personal information by not allowing us to share such information with third parties by sending us an e-mail to this effect at the address mentioned below.
If you have already given your consent to the collection, use and/or communication of your personal information, you may subsequently decide to withdraw it at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and upon notice by contacting our Privacy Officer as indicated under “Contacting Us” below, or by following the instructions for withdrawing your consent provided in the promotional materials sent to you. Our Privacy Officer will also be able to provide you with further information on the impact of withdrawing your consent.
You are entitled to request access to your personal information collected by us and, if necessary, to make corrections. To request this, please contact our Privacy Officer in writing (see “Contact Us” section below).
In certain cases, applicable laws may require us to refuse your request to access, modify or delete your personal information, or your withdrawal of consent. If we are unable to comply with your request, we will inform you of the reasons, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions. Among other things, we may not accept a request to change information if we believe that the change would violate a law or legal requirement or result in incorrect information in our records.
You may also contact our Privacy Officer if you have a question or complaint regarding the Policy or the Company's privacy practices generally (see the “Contacting Us” section below).
We only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in the Policy or for a certain period as may be required by applicable law.
We take great care to protect the security of the personal information we have collected. We have adopted physical and technological processes and procedures to protect the confidentiality of personal information and to safeguard personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, taking into account, in particular, the sensitivity of the information and the purposes for which they are to be used. In addition, we require that each employee, mandatary or agent of the Company comply with the Policy. Although we assume no liability for theft, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction of data, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such situations from occurring.
ALTHOUGH WE DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE CANNOT ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US, SO YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
The Policy may be amended from time to time, resulting in the Company adopting the Policy with last updated date indicated above. If we decide to change the Policy, we will post the changes on the Site so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we may use it, and how it may be disclosed to third parties. (if applicable). Once changes are posted, you will be bound by them unless you notify us in writing that you wish to withdraw your consent (by following the procedure set out above). It is your responsibility to regularly review this policy and any changes that may have been made to it.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, customers who are California residents have the right to request information from us about their personally identifiable information that the Company provided in the preceding calendar year, where applicable, to third parties or members of the same group as it for the purposes of their direct marketing activities. California residents who wish to make such a request should contact our Privacy Officer (see “Contacting Us” section below).
Please indicate your name and the address at which you would like to receive a response to your request. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
THE SITE MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES THAT ARE NOT OPERATED BY THE COMPANY. THIS POLICY DOES NOT APPLY TO THE PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES, AND THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES OR THOSE OF OTHER WEBSITES REGARDING THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. WHEN YOU USE THE SITE AND/OR ACCESS A THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE FROM THE SITE, YOU RELEASE THE COMPANY FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR THE ACTIONS, PRACTICES, AND OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTIES. WHEN YOU CLICK ON HYPERLINKS FROM THE SITE TO OTHER WEBSITES, YOU MAY AUTOMATICALLY SUBMIT TO THEIR PRIVACY PRACTICES. PLEASE READ THE PRIVACY POLICIES OF THESE WEBSITES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR DAMAGES OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL DAMAGES AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE) ARISING FROM THE MISUSE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY THESE WEBSITES.
The Company may have installed on the Site various social application plug-ins, such as the Facebook "Like" button, which allow you to share your likes and interests in the Company products, services, and promotions with your friends and contacts. When you click on a social media plug-in protocol link, such as the "Like" button, a link to the site may appear in the "Like and Interests" section of your Facebook profile or other social media website profile. Your friends and contacts will be able to see the link and access the site if they share your likes and interests or if they are interested in learning about our products, services, and promotions. We may also contact you, your friends and contacts who have chosen to become members of the Company's social media website webpages, to inquire about the Company's products, services, and promotions. By using a social app plug-in protocol link, you consent to receive communications from us for all of the above purposes and authorize us to use information about your likes and interests for marketing and promotional purposes of our Company. You understand that information about your likes and interests may be shared with your friends and contacts as well as other users of social media websites. For more information about social app plug-ins protocols, such as the Facebook “Like” button and how they affect your privacy rights, please visit the social media website's Help Center concerned (such as the Facebook Help Center at the following: Facebook Help Center-Social Plug-Ins) to find out more.
4026 Notre-Dame Est